Here are the materials you will need for Lady of the Radiant Flame: Create a Brigid Prayer Painting in Mixed Media Collage.
- A substrate. I recommend using a 12-inch square wooden panel with a deep or extra deep cradle, but you can also use canvas or canvas board. You don’t have to use a square; it’s just my preference. It should be at least 12″x12″.
- Ivory parchment paper or other translucent paper, letter size. You’ll use this when printing the images I will provide for you, or other digital images.
- Imagery related to Brigid and her symbols from magazines, calendars, books etc. (You will make photocopies of any image that is too glossy.)
- Matte acrylic medium.
Decorative papers: colored tissue paper, origami paper, wrapping paper, scrapbook paper, anything with a design or pattern than pleases you and fits your theme and color scheme.
- Colored pencils: white, black, and other colors that relate to your color scheme. I recommend Prismacolor.
- Gold pen. (My favorite is the Sakura Pen-Touch.)
- (Optional): Acrylic paint: titanium buff, white, and other colors that relate to your color scheme. I prefer fluid acrylics because I love the transparency of them.
- (Optional): Sticks.
- (Optional): Rubber stamps of spirals or other sacred symbols, and a gold ink pad.
- (Optional): Oil pastels: white, gold, and other colors that relate to your color scheme.
- (Optional): Walnut ink, terra cotta or walnut.
- (Optional): Gold craft paint for the sides of the cradle board or canvas.
- Whatever strikes your fancy: fabric, ribbons, beads, charms, leaves, seeds, repurposed jewelry etc.
- Your heart.
(I’ve included links where you can purchase some of the materials. They are not affiliate links.)