Here’s my favorite tarot spread for taking a peek at the year to come. It may be familiar, as I post it every couple of years, and it’s in the Gaian Tarot companion book too. I recommend revisiting the reading each quarter throughout the year to see how the themes that emerge are unfolding in your life. (I make a note on my calendar to revisit the reading, then I do a little journaling on it.)
1. What do I leave behind in the Old Year?
2. What do I open up to in the New Year?
3. Key Opportunity of the New Year
4. Key Challenge of the New Year
5. Hidden concern (pull from bottom of the deck)
6. Deep Wisdom / Advice from God/dess (pull from middle of the deck)
7. Key Theme of the New Year
If you keep records of your readings, the last card (#7) could become the first card (#1) in next year’s spread.
(The photo above is my spread for 2015 using my Gaian Tarot cards. The photo below is a comparison spread (same cards in a different deck), using Ellen Lorenzi-Prince’s Dark Goddess Tarot. Last year, my Card #7 was the Empress/Gardener, so it’s card #1 for 2015.)