All the Earth Awakens from Her Winter Sleep . . .

in Music, Yule

Blessed Solstice to you & yours!

(We first sent this out to friends in 2008, and I last posted it here in 2010. A golden oldie, I still love it as much as ever!)

In the Bleak Midwinter performed by Craig Olson; Music by Gustav Holst (1906); Lyrics by Christina Rossetti (1872), revised by Craig Olson (2006).

Photography Credits: Snow scenes by Catherine Kerr and Joanna Powell Colbert; Interior scenes by Paul Bingman, Chele Eva Armstrong and Joanna Powell Colbert.

snow-santafe

• PamBrooke Sun - Dec 21st 2014 5:51 am

This warms my heart and inspires my soul. So beautiful. I reposted (with full credit) on Facebook. Hope that is okay. I look forward to the time when I can travel again and can be part of your Gaian Soul retreats. I always read every detail and soak in every photo from these incredible events. Thank you for being there (and for collaborating with Lyn Belisle who I found through you a couple years ago and immediate suggested the two of you get together for a workshop–to die for!) Love from DC (on a very grey solstice day).

• Duncan Saunders Sun - Dec 21st 2014 6:34 am

Thank you Craig and Joanna for such a musical blessing this Solstice morning. Just what I needed.
    Blessed Be!

• Linda Byrd Sun - Dec 21st 2014 7:19 am

Just lovely. Our Solstice is bleak and gray, but your gift has brightened my day. Thank you.

• Madeline Sun - Dec 21st 2014 8:43 am

Oh Joanna and Craig! How lovely! I will play this during my Solstice gathering this evening with dear friends and loved ones… what a Blessing!!

Thank you!!!!

• Etain Sun - Dec 21st 2014 12:03 pm

Thank you Joanna and Craig for sharing your hearts and bright spirits on this Solstice Day. Today I feel blessed to be a part of your online community and to be living within your radius.
    Love and Blessings!
    Etain

• Gretchen Staebler Sun - Dec 21st 2014 12:18 pm

My favorite. And this is so beautiful. Thank you, dear friend. I will share, too, if I can figure out how. Blessings.

• Kathie Carlson Mon - Dec 22nd 2014 1:48 pm

Very lovely and evocative! Thank you so much and may the returning Light warm and illumine you both. Blessings!!

Kathie