I met the lovely Christa Gallopoulos at Jennifer Louden’s women writers retreat in Taos in July, and shared some of her spectacular photographs with you in this blog. I particularly love this article/interview because it’s directed at Christa’s non-tarot audience, and I get the opportunity to bust a few myths about the tarot.
Here’s a brief excerpt from the interview:
In late July, after a day of driving all over Taos, I arrived back at the Mabel Dodge Luhan house and walked up the steps with a woman I had never met. She was dressed in colors I loved, and although she was road weary, too, there was something about her that I was drawn to immediately. As our retreat started and we spent some time together, I got to know Joanna, and now it feels as if I have known her forever. She is a beautiful woman, inside and out – kind, gentle, bright, strong and has a fabulous laugh. We share a great love of nature and of walking in the world in our own way. I was intrigued to learn that Joanna had just released a brand new Tarot deck, Gaian Tarot, and as we wrote and read and laughed that week, her deck sold like hotcakes.
Tarot is not something I knew a lot about – in fact, I had been warned against it as a child and grew to see it as “other”. I am guessing I may not be alone on that front. Given, though, that I am all about moving through fear lately and the fact that I was eager to learn as much as I could about anything new on that trip, I was full of questions for Joanna. . . .
Thank you, Christa!
Previous Virtual Deck & Book Tour stops:
- Patheos Pagan Portal, Star Foster
- Plants, Creativity & the Gaian Tarot in Plant Healer Magazine, Jesse Wolf Hardin
- The Gaian Tarot Visits the Church of the Old Mermaids, Kim Antieau
- Many Hands “Innerview,” Paris Finley & Carolyn Cushing
- Talkin’ Tarot with the Tarot Lady, Theresa Reed
- An interview with me at the Llewellyn Tarot Journal
- “Creating the Gaian Tarot” at the Llewellyn Tarot Journal
- The cover of the Llewellyn New Worlds Catalog