There are times when it’s perfectly OK to shut down for a little while.
Sometimes the well just needs to be replenished from that deep underground spring.
You may have noticed, dear Reader, that I’ve been pretty scarce around this blog lately. I haven’t been keeping up with my regular features like Spirit Sunday or Weekly Wisdom, although I have managed to get Wordless Wednesday up.
I have to be okay with that.
Part of my phone conversation with Beth Owl’s Daughter the other day found its way into her blog post here. I’m one of the folks she mentions who has reached a point of shutting down and putting things on hold for a little while.
Some people call it “taking a digital sabbatical.” So I might call it that, except that I’m not completely offline.
I’m still popping up on Facebook most days, which feels kind of like a town square to me, and I’m posting the 78-Day-Card-a-Day-Countdown cards here.
But I’m feeling like my well is empty when it comes to coming up with brilliant, scintillating blog posts. And so, instead, we have this silence.
And what a lovely silence it is.
My silence is filled with:
- Sitting in the sunlight, admiring ferns and flowers
- Dancing 5Rhythms at a local studio a couple of times a week
- Sketching in my sketchbook
- Writing by hand (gasp!) in my notebook journal
- Putting out cream for the faeries each morning
- Laughing with my girlfriends
- Communing with the Green Ones
- Going down to the bay to watch the sunsets
How long ’til I’m back with regular blog posts? I honestly don’t know. It could be tomorrow. It could be mid-August.
I know I’ll be back. And in the meantime . . . consider shutting down a little bit yourself.
What is your silence filled with?