Weekly Wisdom: Home Sweet Home

in Card of the Week, Gratitude, Tarot

Gaian Tarot Nine of EarthToday is the day I am flying cross country towards home, after two weeks on the east coast. (At the moment, I’m in the JetBlue terminal at JFK in New York.) My travels were wonderful, and I am more than ready to be home again.

Early this morning, I asked: What do I need to know about re-entry, back to my daily life at home?

And I pulled . . . the Nine of Earth.

The tarot is sometimes a cosmic jokester, don’t you think?

This is one of two cards in the deck that are images of me. And this one is all about one’s special place on the planet . . . one’s home.

The card description still fits me to a “T”.  And it reminds me just how very much I have to be grateful for.

Description:
A woman stands in the midst of a lavender field in full bloom on a sacred island where she has put down roots and made her home. She’s reached a time in her life when she is fulfilled, content and at peace with her home and her creative work. Even when she spends time in sacred solitude, she is inextricably part of a community that includes the people, plants and animals who call this place home. Sister Heron flies overhead, a sign to her of the presence of the Divine in her life.

When you get this card in a reading . . .
You’ve enjoying a time of accomplishment and comfort. You’re at the peak of your creative powers, and are well paid for your work. You are connected to your family and community, yet have time alone for creative and spiritual pursuits. It is a time of peace and plenty in your life, both internal and external.

Affirmation
I am grateful for the place I call home.

What does this card have to say to you, dear Reader?

• Tammy Mon - May 09th 2011 7:20 am

It says to me that I can’t wait to move to WA! 😉

From someone that is a huge “home” girl I also like that this card highlights our home on this earth, not just our dwelling. This card is one of my favorites.

• Jeanne Mon - May 09th 2011 8:39 am

It says to me that I can’t wait to move back to the UK 🙂

I thought I was at a time in my life where Chapter 2 was just about to launch in new directions and free of the children as they are adults now. But by being away, this adventure is not as fulfilling and has only made me miss them more and never again, will I leave. The core of my being is my little family. I always knew that. This journey has only strengthen my feeling. I can start Chapter 2 and the new adventures that it brings with and for me – by just being around the corner from them and not a plane journey away…..

• Joanna Tue - May 10th 2011 7:06 am

Tammy and Jeanne, for me “home” means so much more than a house. It means the scent of western red cedar, the rocky beaches, the misty shades of grey green and blue . . . and it means my guy and my friends and community . . . and, honestly? My stuff. My art supplies, my desk, my comfy chair, my own bed and pillows . . . LOL! Home is where your stuff is . . . spoken like a true Taurus Moon!

• Carolyn Cushing Tue - May 10th 2011 3:09 pm

So funny! First you are the heron flying across the country. Then you get to be yourself doing deep grounding with the part of the earthat you love. Tarot as mirror!

• Joanna Tue - May 10th 2011 3:33 pm

Love it, Carolyn! 😀

• Elizabeth Owen Tue - May 10th 2011 4:15 pm

I think this is lovely synchronicity. I am so glad you were here and next year we will see one another on way or the other.
    love and hugs
    eco

• Joanna Tue - May 10th 2011 4:17 pm

We will indeed, Elizabeth. I will make it happen! (Wave to the alewives for me!)