Spirit Sunday: From Our Home to Yours

in Community, Family, Music, Yule

A musical Yuletide card from our home to yours. We first sent this out to friends in 2008, but it’s worth a repeat. Blessed be.

In the Bleak Midwinter performed by Craig Olson; Music by Gustav Holst (1906); Lyrics by Christina Rossetti (1872), revised by Craig Olson (2006).

Photography Credits: Snow scenes by Catherine Kerr and Joanna Powell Colbert; Interior scenes by Paul Bingman, Chele Eva Armstrong and Joanna Powell Colbert.

• Otter Sun - Dec 19th 2010 9:09 am

Lovely~

• Aphrodisiastes Le Fay Thu - Dec 22nd 2011 9:29 am

Awww! This was so sweet! Thanks you, Joanna and Craig. 🙂 Merry Christmas!

• Christi Thu - Dec 22nd 2011 11:59 am

That was fantastic!
    Thank you! Have a Great Solstice!

• Debra Eve Thu - Dec 22nd 2011 12:05 pm

So beautiful, Joanna. The true meaning of the season. Thank you!

• Carole Thu - Dec 22nd 2011 12:32 pm

What a lovely video! Oh, how I miss snow! I was born in Canada but am now living in Australia. We just had our longest day over here. Sending you back the sun… And the wheel turns, forever more. Have a very special Solstice. 🙂

• Janhavi Thu - Dec 22nd 2011 4:43 pm

Joanna, The video and music are so beautiful. What was captured is the true beauty. Nature, snow and the amazing celebration of this time of year. I would have liked to experienced that celebration. I have spent time researching Solstice this year, looking for new/old ways to celebrate this holiday. It looks like you know people who do it well. I am celebrating this year with quietude, nature and retreat. I am really looking for the Light within me, friends and the world.
    Many Blessings to you and your loved ones.

• Joanna Fri - Dec 23rd 2011 8:14 am

Thank you Janhavi. The interior scenes were taken at our Lucia Parties from 2000 to 2008, first in our home on the island, then here in town (plus one year we rented an old Victorian mansion downtown). Craig and I have been hosting these parties since 1997, and a few of the teenagers in our community have attended every year of their lives. There’s a lot more photos on this blog, if you search on “Lucia”. Celebrating with quiet, nature and retreat is perfect. We need both quiet times and times of celebrating in community. Blessed Solstice to you!

• Joanna Fri - Dec 23rd 2011 8:11 am

Thank you all! We are so blessed that you like it!

• sandra Tue - Jan 03rd 2012 11:46 am

I am late viewing this Yule Greeting. House to house. Person to person. Spirit and song. Ahhhhhh

Thank you.