≡

• Amy Lamash Wed - Feb 10th 2010 6:23 am

Beautiful Joanna! Reminds me of my Hudson River walks. I love the sound of the water. When I was young, my sister and I would walk down to the river every day and do our homework there.

• Anna Wed - Feb 10th 2010 7:09 am

Loved it! Just a question and a comment!
    Q: What IS beach glass? Where does it come from?
    C: The video was really beutiful but I lacked to see your face in it at least once. Why not introduce yourself and the video with a faceshot and then turn to the video itself?

• joanna Wed - Feb 10th 2010 7:54 am

Thanks Amy. I remember your stories about being on the river. I saw a documentary about Pete Seeger not too long ago, with his hand-built house overlooking the Hudson, and I said — hey! that’s Amy’s river!
    Anna, beach glass is broken bits of bottles, jars, floats, whatever . . . that ended up in the ocean for one reason or another. The edges of the pieces of glass are softened by the constant pounding of water and rocks on the shore. Red and orange are pretty rare to find; green, brown and white are the most common. I’ve found quite a few blue and pink ones too.
    Good point about not seeing my face. It’s a new camera and I’m just getting used to it. I plan on doing more videoblogging, and hopefully I’ll get better at it!

• Tracie Wed - Feb 10th 2010 8:02 am

Loved the glimpse of your watery mermaid world! I really enjoyed hearing the rhythms of the ocean change as you were walking.
    Some thoughts… I agree with Anna, it would draw me in more if I saw your face, even briefly. And what do you think about asking your viewers/readers to join you in doing something…. A brief prayer or invocation, observing something in a particular way…..

• joanna Wed - Feb 10th 2010 8:04 am

Ooooo . . . love that idea, Tracie!

• rebecca Wed - Feb 10th 2010 8:23 am

I really like your video!

• Arwen Wed - Feb 10th 2010 9:45 am

I loved hearing your voice. The long moments of nothing but waves were very soothing! I’d love to hear you singing too.

• Lunaea Wed - Feb 10th 2010 9:46 am

Fun! Though I have to go lie down now and recover from a bit of motion sickness, even though I was sitting still at my desk the whole time! The brain is an amazing thing, isn’t it? 🙂

• Colleen Thu - Feb 11th 2010 2:44 pm

I really enjoyed this Joanna
    Thank you. I look forward to more

• Hecate, Runnymead Conspirator Thu - Feb 11th 2010 3:08 pm

From the snowed-in MidAtlantic, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Just the sound of the waves is wonderful.

• Lin Thu - Feb 11th 2010 5:48 pm

Thank you for sharing this trip to the beach. I loved hearing your voice and the waves. It is so soothing to hear during our northern Maine winter. I always look for sea glass when we go down to the coast. I look forward to more.

• ~Cara Thu - Feb 11th 2010 9:57 pm

Ooooh!I needed a beach fix, and this filled my craving (for now) thank you! I want to loop it and just keep it playing…
    Thank you for sharing this Joanna…it’s the next best thing to being there, all the more wonderful with the lyrical sound of your voice…thank you for sharing a little piece of your world with us!

• joanna Fri - Feb 12th 2010 6:52 am

Thanks everyone – so glad you liked it. It encourages me to get better with my video skills!

• Rita Fri - Feb 26th 2010 6:58 am

Can I visit you Joanna :)?
    Rita