9 of Air – Gaian Tarot Card of the Week

in Art, Spiritual Practice, Tarot

NineofairWhat do we most need to know for the coming week?

9 of Air

Well I have to admit I’m not too thrilled to see this card today. Interesting that my friend Beth Owl’s Daughter pulled the infamous 3 of Swords for her card of the week today, and here I am with another heartbreak/grief card, the 9 of Swords/Air. We were both tempted to put the card back and pull another!

Still, the important thing to note is not so much the storm of emotions in the card, but how we deal with them. In the card, the woman is releasing her grief and despair into the earth, where it is grounded and transformed. She gathers strength from the earth and the knowledge that She Who Watches “has her back,” and is able to move on. The affirmation I wrote for this card is: I allow the Mother to heal my sorrow as I open my heart in compassion to others.

What does this card say to you, dear Readers?

• Katja Mon - Jan 04th 2010 3:08 pm

An appropriate image for me today. I knew I had much to do, but didn’t realize the entire day would be caught up in a hurricane of communication and mental activity. The woman in the image reminds me to hold onto my core and be still in the midst of overwhelming chaos. Remember who you are, essentially, and don’t let the storms erase that knowledge.
    Thank you Joanna.

• Suzanne Tue - Jan 05th 2010 7:41 am

I appreciate the affirmation, Joanna. I feel so tired of the storm of emotions in this country and in others and this reminds me to ground in Mother Earth and allow compassion to flow in me and through me. And as it does, my own fatigue is nourished and transformed.

• Shell Tue - Jan 05th 2010 2:01 pm

To me it’s waking up and using our true power to make changes. Sometimes accepting our full power can be scary.

• Cate Wed - Jan 06th 2010 7:30 am

Hm….. storms in the offing for sure, but I have always loved a good storm. The card I pulled for this week is Temperance. Always an excellent card for an artist, it resonates perfectly with me right now, a clear omen that out of the dire medical “doings” befalling this mixed race child, something good and wonderful and joyful will come.

• Marissa Wed - Jan 06th 2010 10:41 pm

The day you posted this, my fiancé told me that he may not love me anymore. I think that’s pretty clear. She looks like she’s clinging to anything for support, because her life is falling apart around her.

• joanna Thu - Jan 07th 2010 7:12 am

Marissa, I’m so sorry to hear of your distress. Remember to ground and center whenever you can. Cate – also the Temperance card has traditionally been the Healer’s card (as well as the Artist’s card) — a very good omen for you I think. Shell, Suzanne, Katja — I love your interpretations! Thank you.