Ace of Fire – Gaian Tarot Card of the Week

in Art, Tarot

Aceoffire What do we most need to know for the coming week?

Ace of Fire

Hah!  Well I just love seeing this little Snake show up this morning, since I started writing about the Aces yesterday for the GT companion book.  To me, fire is all about passion and creativity and energy, and the Ace of course is a new beginning, a birth. It’s a perfect card for me this week, as I begin the final shaping of the book.

And what about you, dear Readers?  What does this card say to you?

• patricia boutilier Tue - Nov 10th 2009 6:01 am

My personal card drawn yesterday was the Elder of Fire—so here we are cycling at the beginning—cycling back–like the snake–the ourobouros—beginning….completion…return. November 11 is St. Martinmas Day, traditionally celebrated with bonfires, lanterns, marking the end of harvest. The suit of fire is perfect for this time in the cycle of the year—at the end of the Octave of All Souls.

• Tracie Tue - Nov 10th 2009 8:24 am

I love the energy of the Ace of Fire! It’s a really interesting synergy with the card I drew for the week – The Builder. I’m in the process of re-creating my business and, while I’m just a Tarot toddler, the energies of the two cards seem to be reminding me to let that passionate, creative, little snake out to play into a stable, beautifully and patiently crafted foundation.

• judy Tue - Nov 10th 2009 9:10 am

is it a snake?
    I thought it was the symbol of the fire elemental… salamander.
    either way, it’s an encouraging kick in my creative butt!

• Anna Tue - Nov 10th 2009 9:45 am

Judy: Ha ha! So I am not alone in that
    I have been convinced its a salamander! ^^ I guess you see what you want to see!

• joanna Tue - Nov 10th 2009 10:41 am

Patricia and Tracie, love your interpretations! Judy and Anna, it is indeed a snake . . . since it’s a “Gaian” deck, all the animals in it are of the earth, not mythical (no dragons or unicorns or salamanders) – although salamanders are of course “real” too. Little lizards.
    Here’s what I wrote about the Ace of Fire yesterday for the GT companion book:
    Ace of Fire
    A snake has just broken his way out of an egg and is encountering the world for the first time. Because of his ability to shed his skin and emerge in a new one, Snake has long been a symbol of renewal and transformation. In the background we see sparks shooting from a hidden flame, symbolizing the fires of creativity, sexuality and empowerment.
    When you get this card in a reading . . .
    You are bursting with new energy! Your sense of self is heightened and you are feeling assertive. You are charged with creativity and can’t wait to begin new projects. You may be discovering a new way of expressing your sexuality. You are beginning a transformation of some kind, and quite possibly a healing as well.
    When you read the Shadow side of this card . . .
    You are squelching the creative, passionate energy that wants to come forth. You are fearful of change and would prefer to stay as you are, even if you are unhappy. Your challenge is to find within yourself the courage to transform.
    Affirmation
    I am ablaze with creativity and passion!

• Barbara Tue - Nov 10th 2009 10:49 am

I love that this is the collective card of the week! I rec’d my print of the Elder of Fire but haven’t put her up yet. I wasn’t sure why. Then I got a notice for a class about medicinal and magical use of herbs, something I’ve always wanted to learn more about. Today I registered for the class. As soon as I saw this card, everything fell together. I am opening up to a new passion…the Ace of Fire. After I study and practice awhile, I can then hang up the Elder of Fire; she will become a guide and role model.
    The other thing I relate to in the Gaian Ace is that there are lots of eggs there waiting to hatch. That’s just how I feel all the time…so many possibilities, so much to learn and discover. Which one will hatch next?!?!?!

• joanna Wed - Nov 11th 2009 6:51 am

What a great interpretation, Barbara! Love it. It occurred to me recently that I should have put the same animal from the Ace in the Elder card, to tie the beginning and the end of the suit together; but I think I’ll leave them the way they are.
    Love what you say about the eggs, too!

• Elizabeth Genco Wed - Nov 11th 2009 6:41 pm

I love this little dude. 🙂
    That is all!