8 of Air (Swords) – Gaian Tarot Card of the Week

in Art, Tarot

What do we most need to know for the coming week?

Eightofair 8 of Air

When I see this card, it reminds me that it’s time for deep listening.  It also reminds me to speak my truth, and to find or create a circle of support where we can all be our most authentic selves.  This week, I’ll be on the alert for situations where I need to listen, or to speak from the heart.

What does the card say to you, dear Readers?

• Teresa Michelsen Mon - Aug 17th 2009 10:17 am

It makes me feel a yearning, like we really lack enough of these situations in our lives. Thanks for the reminder!

• karen Mon - Aug 17th 2009 4:39 pm

finding liuk minded souls to learn and grow with. listening and being witness to the one holding the talking stick.

• Anna Tue - Aug 18th 2009 7:35 am

For me this is an affirmation on the new vision that has formed within me of starting up women sharing circles in my area this fall. Take away the fact that in your card the sexes are shared and not only womyn, thats exatly how I want it! A place where you do not have to play a role. Not the role of wife nor mother or mistress. A place where you can be YOU!

• Arwen Wed - Aug 19th 2009 10:08 am

This is about opening up and letting others in for me. About traveling to where there are those who understand the uniqueness of me. A circle of like minds.

• patricia boutilier Fri - Aug 21st 2009 7:14 am

I certainly need a space where I can be my most authentic self. It’s also speaking to me of letting go of those situations, or not placing myself in situations where I cannot be authentic.

• Dawn Shears Tue - Aug 25th 2009 10:44 am

This reminds me of why I came to be in my community on the north Oregon coast in the first place. I came here because I needed teachers and elders and healing and to be in a community of like-minded souls.
    This card speaks to me of gathering for teachings or, perhaps, to participate in ceremony… We learn by listening and then are able to take what we learned to other groups…where the student becomes the teacher.

• James Wells Mon - Sep 14th 2009 2:24 pm

We need to remember the way of circle, to hold conversations that matter, to create sacred containers for these conversations that matter, and to respect one another by listening.