Explorer of Fire (Knight of Wands) – Gaian Tarot Card of the Week

in Art, Tarot

Exploreroffire

What do we most need to know for the coming week?

Explorer of Fire (Knight of Wands)

I’ve had a rough few days with a website project for a client.  I’ve been fighting with code and throwing up my hands more than once in frustration and even despair. I worked straight through the Easter weekend.  My choice, but necessary if I want to finish a certain number of projects before I leave for the east coast in nine days.

Late yesterday afternoon I turned up this card, the Explorer of Fire, for the week to come.  My first thought was a jaundiced, “watch out! she’s gonna get burned!”  Then I began to think about the skill and the focus necessary to keep those flaming orbs going.  If the firespinner gets upset or pulled off center, she’s going to lose control and very well may get burned.

I began to re-vision myself as calm, cool and collected even as I keep those fiery balls spinning — the balls of course being a metaphor for my many projects, including the difficult coding.  I stopped working, went for a walk, cooked a lovely Easter dinner of stir fried veggies, tofu and rice with Craig.  Took the evening off and of course everything looks so much better this morning.

It’ll be a busy week, for sure.  But I’m confident I can stay calm and centered and keep those fireballs spinning through the air.

How about you, dear reader?  How does this card apply to your life?

• Goddess Leonie | GoddessGuidebook.com Mon - Apr 13th 2009 3:38 pm

What a perfect, beautiful card. All your cards are so potent, dearest Joanna!

• Shell Mon - Apr 13th 2009 9:00 pm

Well, I reconciled with an old love of mine. I can feel the urge to get carried away with passion want to flare up like the Explorer of Fire. I’m doing my best to keep earth energy around me so I can still stay grounded.

• Pat (Panther) Tue - Apr 14th 2009 10:11 am

In the midst of a complete renovation on our house, in order to put it up for sale in a month or so. Yesterday, we began taking apart our kitchn – the hearth fire of my home & being. How appropriate. And how accurate as we are at the mid stage of the repairs. Our spirits are beginning to flag as we consider the work still to be completed. This card reminds me to keep my “balls” spinning. Thank you! Hugs & rumbley purrs…..

• Kat Tue - Apr 14th 2009 2:45 pm

It seems as though I’ve been missing the fire in my life, and this card both elated and excited me, which is a change from my typical “fear of fire” response. My own fires have been doused for many years, leaving me to feel boggy and unable to move.
    But this card inspires me; not only to dance (literally and figuratively) but to shed the blues and blacks and reignite with orange and red, put myself out there and trust that my inner fires exist to keep me alive, not do me harm. A very appropriate card for this point in my life.
    Tea break is over, time to return to those passions…thank you!

• Marissa Wed - Apr 15th 2009 12:11 am

I just DID get burned, in a few different ways. And at times this this, I want to pull away and never try again, and stick to what I know, the people I like, the lifestyle I live, and never come out of my room again. But in order to do something worthwhile or beautiful, I need to get burned and try again. This card reminds me of my goal, and the fact that I can’t give up because it seems impossible and hurtful right now… :/

• Sage Wed - Apr 15th 2009 7:59 am

I love watching fire spinners dance and weave the magic of air and fire together in the night. I am reminded of “grace under pressure.” This week has been another one of intense pressures, more sad news (2 co-workers have had their mothers pass in the last 2 weeks; another was diagnosed with breast cancer – again). But through it all, I listen to the spirit of kindled flame within my mother-in-law who at 83 and undergoing chemo rallies to fight and live and thrive.
    I also listened to T. Thorn Coyles’ Elemental Casting podcast episode #13, which was an interview with a woman who is intimate with fire, and had MANY revelations about spiritual fires, the concept of the element of fire, and how it plays with and through our lives.
    Thanks, Joanna, for a thoughtful, provoking and invigorating reading/card of the week, and for sharing yourself with us, so we are able to share with each other.
    Sage – anticipating the fires of Beltane

• joanna Wed - Apr 15th 2009 8:04 am

I am loving all your posts and interpretations. Keep ’em coming!

• DragonSong Wed - Apr 15th 2009 10:25 am

I am drawn to the arcs of flame. Confidently the fire dancer controls the fire with two hands. All that appears to be multiple balls of fire, complicated patterns, and so much up in the air; is really only two balls of flame controlled by the dancers two hands. She is striding forward confidently knowing that she can control her actions, which control the actions of the Poi. It is when you stand still that your get burned; moving forward it is a dance of beauty and skill. In my life I have a lot of balls in the air; but they all are controlled by what I care about most: community(which includes family) and to be a bit better each day. When I am clearly focused on those, I am much more successful,happier, and my dance is one of beauty and ease.

• Cate (kerrdelune) Mon - Apr 20th 2009 7:51 am

I’m drawn to flames too, and this beautiful card symbolizes so much for me, the vibrant flames of the sun ascendant, the fire burning on my Rumford hearth, the fires under the maple syrup cauldrons boiling away in the Lanark Highlands until a day or two ago – it was an excellent syrup run this year.
    Fire may indeed burn, but it purifies and cleanses and illuminates. It is an incandescent expression of the Light above us and the Light within us all. A lovely lovely card, Joanna!