Guardian of Earth (Queen of Pentacles): Gaian Tarot Card of the Week

in Uncategorized

What do we most need to know for the coming week?

Guardian of Earth (Queen of Pentacles)

G-earth
What a relief.  After an intense Bindweed week, I’m ready to move on to the grounded stability of nurturing my projects and getting a lot accomplished.

One of the things I love most about this image is the way the farmer is so tenderly examining the ear of corn, which he has raised from a kernel planted the previous spring.  He has sown, watered, weeded and protected the seedlings all summer and now the corn is ready to be harvested to feed the community. Day by day, bit by bit, he does what needs to be done. By following his own passion, he nourishes a tribe.

This is how I feel about my own work — my artwork and my web design work. It satisfies me and makes a difference in the world.

And how do you read this card?

• Marissa Mon - Feb 23rd 2009 8:43 am

This card is spot-on right now. I’m nearing the end of my semester, and a lot of project deadlines are coming up… And since I’m a junior in college, I feel like the end of my school career is fast approaching, as well! My semester (and entire college career, in fact) has been stressful, and I’m putting off doing all of my work. This card tells me that I should make the best of it, and really try to enjoy what needs to be done, to understand that it’s the end, and that I can get out of it as much as I put in. I picked classes that I liked, so why can’t I like the projects, too? I’m going to really throw myself into work this week and try to enjoy it instead of seeing it as a chore. 🙂

• Pietra Mon - Feb 23rd 2009 12:12 pm

I like his arms… they show he is experienced on what he is doing for being doing this for some time.
    I feel this week may have a mood of picking up and catching up with our works and lives.
    Gotta do this!

• Julie Mon - Feb 23rd 2009 3:11 pm

What speaks to me in this card is that he’s closely examining his work. This week, I’m being put in charge of a 6-week project at work, the first time I’ve ever led a project ever. I like how the farmer is calmly examining his crop, making sure it’s doing okay. That’s how I want to feel this week, just kind of nurturing the project along, checking on it, but not getting nervous or micromanage-y.

• Arwen Mon - Feb 23rd 2009 10:00 pm

It’s his focus that catches my eye. He is so intense on that leaf. Is he checking for pests? Checking to see if the color is right? What is he checking?
    This may be my own projection since I am already up for a promotion at work after only 3 months there. I think I am a bit worried about the intense focus! LOL

• Kat Tue - Feb 24th 2009 10:56 am

I know that I have not been the only one who has had a long and arduous growing season. The nourishing rains have been rare, the unexpected storms nearly ended me. Now comes the Queen of Pentacles to remind me that the struggle to grow out of adversity is almost over, and the harvest will be abundant, despite all that’s tried to thwart my progress. Perhaps the thwarting was a necessary part of the growing process.
    This card is a deep breath of relief to me. I hope it is for all of you as well.
    (A mundane addendum: after a financially brutal winter, a windfall came just this morning. I’m sure that more is on it’s way.)

• Sage Tue - Feb 24th 2009 2:12 pm

My husband and I are beginning an advanced spiritual study group with some friends that we have been waiting in the fallow period to start, and we are anticipating it lasting for at least 13 moons. While we are at the beginning of the effort, sometimes having the visualization of what it feels like to be nearing harvest time is worthwhile, not so much for bringing us out of the present but for laying “groundwork” (so to speak) for a successful outcome.
    I love his expression and like Pietra, his arms. And I was immediately drawn to the horse, my totem.
    The whole card was evocative of gardening, in all it’s aspects (planning, planting, tending, harvesting, nourishment, caring for the seeds to begin the cycle again when the time is right).

• Rue Wed - Feb 25th 2009 9:44 am

For me, the card says you have spent the deep dark spiraled in, caring for yourself. You have worked hard and now is the time to give thanks for what is emerging. It is now time for spiraling out. Rue

• Deb Strom Wed - Feb 25th 2009 12:32 pm

I just love this weekly card idea. It really is an opportunity to see the card in ways that are completely new, and nuanced to the particular situation the observer finds her/himself.
    What I notice in this moment is the many corn stalks behind the gardener–seeking attention…but he is focused on the one cornstalk with all his being. There will be time for others later…maybe not all of them…but now is for the person/issue that I am with at the moment; IN the moment. The horse is a symbol of great speed; but is standing still, with his full attention engaged as seen in his forward and perked up ears. Curosity, listening, engagement.
    I’m choosing to slow down and be fully engaged in the moments of my week. Blessed Be.

• joanna Fri - Feb 27th 2009 7:21 am

I agree with Deb – I love hearing how each one of you read a card for your own life, and finds a different nuance and message. Well done!