Two of Fire (Wands): Gaian Tarot Card of the Week

in Art, Tarot

Twooffire
I thought I’d take a page from Beth OwlsDaughter’s blog and start posting a Gaian Card of the Week every Monday.

What do we most need to know for the coming week?

Two of Fire (Wands)

Mmm . . . what a lovely card to turn up for the Full Moon in Leo!

There’s some kind of powerful attraction going on here . . . possibly to a person, but it’s just as likely to be a place or a creative project — it could be anything we are passionate about.

But the Two’s often bring up the theme of choice — we don’t have to act on every attraction.  We can just enjoy the sparks that light us up.  Or we can follow through with that person, that place, that project . . . and see how far the creative flame will blaze.

Burn brightly this week, dear readers!

(And I’d love to hear your reading of this card in the comments.)

• Diane Mon - Feb 09th 2009 8:47 am

I also see this as a card of waiting, a two-week period. Sometimes two months (maybe two years?!) But because of the high energy, I see it as a shorter waiting period. I think the culmination of this wonderful Full Moon energy will make itself known in two weeks — since you pulled the card, Joanna, perhaps a resolution of a situation for you in two weeks?

• Pietra Mon - Feb 09th 2009 10:01 am

I feel that there is a lot of conflicts in the ideas to get confronted with…
    Maybe this will be a week of putting the mind into a chosen path, so the projects and “dos and makes” flow more freely.

• Cynthia Mon - Feb 09th 2009 10:38 am

well one can certainly hope so!
    When oh when will these be out. I can hardly wait!

• judy Mon - Feb 09th 2009 11:19 am

The images and feelings of this card(without thinking about tarot meaning) are saying to me.. “Go for it!.. embrace it.. enjoy!” or perhaps “L’Chaim!”
    It’s ENLIVENING and it also happens to have deep meaning for me at this time .. so thank you.

• Deb Strom Mon - Feb 09th 2009 12:14 pm

It is the time to say YES! to invest in whatever opportunity is the focus–no holding back, but to jump in with both feet. Involve all your senses–the more you embody and experience, the more you will gain from your investment. Look at them…the see, feel, taste, hear, smell, and “know” each other in a sixth sense way. They might even be recognizing past life connections. See how rich their encounter is?! Spark of life, of creativity, of abundance…

• Goddess Leonie I Creative Goddess Mon - Feb 09th 2009 1:49 pm

Meeting each other in the creative fullness and ripeness and fire of the moment.

• TarotByArwen Mon - Feb 09th 2009 4:59 pm

I see it as a challenge to prove yourself to the world. To strike out and flame high so you will be noticed in a good way. Possible partnership but not a long lasting love…more of a burning passion. 🙂

• Inanna Mon - Feb 09th 2009 6:34 pm

I love Deb’s reading here. I read the card in a very personal way: I’m madly in love with my baby, and this week, with my partner’s return to work, it’s just the two of us during the day. I’ve been really nervous about this, but this card says to me, embrace it! (And we did have a very good day today, with me feeling quite empowered.)

• Shell Mon - Feb 09th 2009 6:42 pm

Two creative energies you have to choose from. I’m looking at in from my own personal view. Figuring out which fire sparks brighter and calls to me more.

• Carol Mon - Feb 09th 2009 11:50 pm

To me it says WILD abandon and there is definitely a powerful attraction between the two!! It has intense energy – I feel the man is showing it more than the woman – she doesn’t seem to be “in” the same frame of mnd as him and he definitely has more fire in his soul!!

• Joanna Colbert Tue - Feb 10th 2009 8:47 am

What a collection of insightful readings!
    Diane, I’ll check back in after 2 weeks and see how this card may have manifested for me. Pietra, I like the idea of putting energy into a chosen path, to lessen the conflict of trying to choose. Cynthia – thanks. The Collector’s Edition will be out in the Spring of 2010 and the Llewellyn edition in Sept. 2011.
    Judy, love your focus on the joy in the image – hope you are bringing joy into your life! Deb, I recognize your Aries Rising in your interpretation – yes! Involving all you senses in the commitment to your choice. Leonie – lovely.
    Arwen, mmm . . . very original interpretation – love it. Inanna, passion for your new little one and feeling empowered – excellent! Shell, it’s so hard to choose between two creative modalities isn’t it? Especially when both are so juicy. Carol, interesting comments about the man and woman – I never saw that before!
    Isn’t it fascinating how one image can hold so many different meanings for different people? This is why “canned” interpretations will never substitute for the real thing. In the end, each interpretation tells us more about the current state of mind of the reader than the card itself.

• Sage Tue - Feb 10th 2009 3:05 pm

I like Joanna’s original reading of choices. Two ways to go. I feel like I’m about to get burned. I had family member reach out to me to forward a request to call my half-sister to provide family support (she has so much trouble in her life, it makes Jerry Springer shows look like Leave it to Beaver). I have been struggling with the conflict of how to be lovingly detached, compassionate but strong boundaries. I feel that fire about to burn me. And the attraction to get in the middle of it is very strong. But I don’t want to prevent her from learning her lessons, and I can’t save her from herself. Passions for me can often come from a place of dysfunction, and my job is to know when it is the creative and spiritually connected passion or the self-destructive and “devil”-ish kind.

• Bryn Thu - Feb 12th 2009 11:02 am

I see a great passion being born of partnering. Each being strong in their own right, something more becomes as they join together. The flames look like individual beings to me, one masculine and one feminine, as though bringing what is inherent in each dancer through their hands into the wand and expressing in the flames. I can see where the feminine flame (near the bottom) is just stretching across to combine with the masculine) and what a blaze that promises to be! Very yummy card.

• Julie Sun - Feb 15th 2009 1:46 pm

I’m very late to weigh in here with my thoughts, but must note that I keep noticing that the lovers’ arms form a W. The W for me this last week has represented weather (hmm … or is it “whether”). I have felt like we’ve crossed over from the energy of winter to spring.

• Cate (KerrdeLune) Mon - Feb 16th 2009 3:19 am

Renewal, a kindling, a quickening, a reawakening of one’s passion for life, love and wildness, the ardent flames of art and creativity, the fabulous last quarter of Lady Moon shining gloriously through my window now at five in the morning…