Advent-of-the-Sun Calendar: Solstice Day!

in Community, Family, Moments of Grace, Music, Nature, Place, Wheel of the Year, Yule

And on Solstice Day, my true love sent to me . . .

A song & slideshow from our family to yours.

Island-solstice

Click here to play a Quicktime movie (high res version) or click here for the YouTube version.

“In the Deep Midwinter” performed by Craig Olson
Music by Gustav Holst (1906)
Lyrics by Christina Rossetti (1872), revised by Craig Olson (2006)

Photography Credits:

• Joanne Sun - Dec 21st 2008 7:10 am

Joanna, thank you so much for your gifts over these past days. The music and pictures in this one are absolutely beautiful. Tammy and I both were moved to tears while watching and listening. You and Craig are so blessed with such amazing talents and the generosity to share them. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Anna Sun - Dec 21st 2008 7:30 am

Just stunning! I am out of words!

• Suzanne Sun - Dec 21st 2008 7:32 am

This is so beautiful! Thank you Joanna, Craig, and Catherine for this moment of grace and connection with the beautiful All That Is.

• xJane Sun - Dec 21st 2008 9:18 am

How beautiful! A happy Solstice to you, your family, and your readers 🙂

• Shell Sun - Dec 21st 2008 10:33 am

Beautiful movie. I’ve enjoyed so much coming here every day to read your Advent Solstice posts. I wish you and Craig a wonderful and glorious Solstice.

• Lisa Sun - Dec 21st 2008 2:12 pm

The first solstice calendar I’ve ever come across and its been a lot of fun. Thank you!

• yarrow Mon - Dec 22nd 2008 8:42 am

That was absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us. Blessings.

• joanna Mon - Dec 22nd 2008 8:48 am

We wish you all a Blessed Solstice season too, especially from now until New Year’s – that magical time out of time. Thanks for coming to my blog and being part of my online community!

• Silverstar98121 Mon - Dec 22nd 2008 7:12 pm

Hi Joanna. Eagle Spirit and I both loved this post. And now that I’ve found it, I’ve subscribed to your blog. Loved looking at the Lucia Party, too. I miss the olden days when I was close enough to attend.

• JennieLin Tue - Dec 23rd 2008 6:48 am

Thank you, Joanna. As a tarot reader and Methodist, I so enjoy the world of Gaia that you open up for me. (There’s a little Pagan in all of us!) “In the Bleak Midwinter” is one of my favorite hymns. The rewritten version was beautiful. Thank you for your year-end celebration wishes. And Merry Christmas to you and Craig!

• Laura Sat - Dec 27th 2008 11:19 am

Thank you so much for the whole Solstice advent calendar postings!