I haven't been blogging much lately because I'm focused on making art. (You'd rather I finish up the Gaian Tarot art than write blog posts, right? 😉
I'm currently working on the 9 of Water, based on this photo taken by my friend Kat, on our mythic Journey to Avalon three years ago. (More on the story behind the photo when I post the final artwork.)
I may not be blogging, but I am tweeting a few times a day. Most days I remember to post a HMOTD (Happiest Moment of the Day). Today I woke up feeling a bit grumpy (our houses have yet to sell), so I pulled out my arsenal of anti-grumpy tools. First, count your blessings (make a gratitude list). Check. Second, spend some quiet time outside. Check. Third? Well I chose to review all the HMTOD's that I posted on Twitter since starting a couple of months ago. And a few themes emerged.
What makes me happy most often (not necessarily in order)?
- Making art.
- Skyping with my baby granddaughter Grace.
- Community. Spending time with friends and juicy acquaintances, especially when bound by a common interest. Having scintillating conversations!
- Spending time with nature (aka Mama Gaia), and noticing what's going on with the plants and wildlife day by day, season by season. As well as Mama Ocean and La Luna Bella, mais oui!
- Eating great food, especially when it's fresh and local and vegan and gluten-free.
- Spending quality time with my honey.
Relationships, nature, creativity, food. These are the elements that bring me happiness.
How about you?