I love New Moon spreads. I’ve designed a few. This one came to me a couple of weeks ago and I shared it in my last Gaian Tarot newsletter (if you haven’t yet subscribed, please do — see the form in the right hand column to sign up). Today’s New Moon, as you probably know, is in Leo — that playful, royal sign; and it’s a Solar Eclipse (extra juju); and it falls on the solar holyday of Lammas, the first of the three harvests. I’d say there are some powerful energies to work with today.
Since there’s only 5 cards in this spread, you could easily use only the Majors from the Gaian Tarot or any other deck. I’ve found that a Majors-only reading takes us down to soul-level issues very quickly. And of course you can also use your favorite 78-card deck of choice.
How can I best seed the energy of this Lammas/Leo New Moon to bring me into deeper personal wisdom?
- How can I best seed the energy of this New Moon in the East (in communication, thought, information, intention, meditation)?
- How can I best seed the energy of this New Moon in the South (in passion, creativity, energy, sexuality, personal power)?
- How can I best seed the energy of this New Moon in the West (in emotions, intuition, dreams, sensuality, compassion)?
- How can I best seed the energy of this New Moon in the North (in stability, security, health, finances, manifestation)?
- How can I best seed the energy of this New Moon in the Center (in my connection to Spirit)?
As with all New Moon spreads, check in on it each week to see how it’s manifesting during the month. Do a little journal-writing, even if it’s just notes, once a week. See how it blossoms at the Full Moon and releases its seeds for the next cycle during the waning Moon, turning into compost at the Dark. Blessed be.