The Mermaids Talk and Listen

in Community, Mermaids, Retreat

Teashell1_1

I’ve been away for the past four days at our annual Mermaid Retreat.  I’ve written about it before. Our partners and children often want to know what we do on these retreats.

Well . . . we talk.   And listen.   And talk.   And listen. Sometimes we talk formally, in circle, and sometimes we have informal conversations. We cook for each other and praise each other to the skies.  We poke around in the shops in the village, even though many are closed for the winter.  We go for walks on the beach and through the woods.  Then we talk and listen some more.   We throw in a few Tarot readings and tell Old Mermaid stories and drink Old Mermaid-inspired teas. We laugh a lot. We cry. Then we talk some more.

And we listen.

• heather Tue - Feb 06th 2007 11:49 am

Sounds wonderful.

• Kim Antieau Wed - Feb 07th 2007 11:30 pm

This is so lovely. I’m so touched by it. I love just gazing at this photograph and imagining your lovely weekend.
    Love & hugs.
    Blessed sea.
    Sister Kim Mermaid

• Julie in Virginia Fri - Feb 09th 2007 5:01 am

Sister Joanna Mermaid – your gathering and the idea of the Old Mermaid Sanctuary are seeds of inspiration that are germinating and I sense the lengthening days will bring rampant growth and expansion. I have my sign in the making and will put out my shingle soon. Who knows what will happen then? Mermaid Salon Night?
    BTW – I had your cards out the other night during a gathering of Birth Advocates – I was going to place The Gardener on the altar – but in the rush of things – it didn’t happen. All night, the beautiful cards soaked up the love of the birth process and after the circle closed – a woman told me she had been staring at that bag all night long and wanted to see the cards. Many ooohs and awwws and much exclaiming of the beauty ensued. The imagery continues to provide gifts of abundance, deepening and lightening and most certainly quickening.
    Wild Blessings to you and yours!

• Lunaea Fri - Feb 09th 2007 11:07 am

What a lovely altar overlooking the ocean. Your words have set my heart a-yearning…..

• ramona Wed - Feb 14th 2007 7:41 am

so inspiring!

• Kathleen Valentine Tue - Jun 19th 2007 9:09 am

What an interesting web site. i would love to know more about your retreat. My novel, “The Old Mermaid’s Tale” has just been released and, as I am working on promoting the book, I am finding so many web sites of women interested in mermaids.
    I had no idea. I look forward to reading more.