Tarot Two’s

in Gaian Tarot

I’ve just posted the Two’s on the Minors page of the Gaian Tarot site. The images are definitely non-traditional, and yet they stay true to the spirit of the Tarot.   I hope you like them; as always, I’m interested in your impressions and comments.

I had three of the Two’s ready to post on the site weeks ago but the Two of Earth gave me a lot of trouble. I redid the faces on the babies over and over, shelved them more than once, only to pick them up again. Then it occurred to me to read the interpretation I had written for the card:

“You are multitasking, balancing more than one thing at a time, adapting to a rapidly changing situation. Your responsibilities may weigh heavily on you, or you may be handling them with grace. Your task in this situation is to stay grounded, centered, and to maintain peace of mind.”

Hmmm . . . why am I not surprised?

• Nichole Wed - Apr 12th 2006 9:11 pm

Amazing. Just absolutely beautiful. I love all your twos, but I really enjoy the Two of Water. I can’t wait to see the threes.
    Bright blessings to you.

• Inanna Thu - Apr 13th 2006 5:49 am

Oh, Joanna! These are so beautiful, soulful, resonant, replete with meaning. I especially love the Two of Earth, but I love them all! I love that you used a dog to symbolize unconditional love in the Two of Water! I can’t say enough how grateful I am to you and your vision.

• DebR Thu - Apr 13th 2006 6:28 am

These are stunning and moving, Joanna. I’m not at all surprised though. I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to your deck’s completion someday. I sings to me.

• DebR Thu - Apr 13th 2006 6:29 am

That should be “*IT* sings to me”! 😉

• Cindy Thu - Apr 13th 2006 8:12 am

Joanna, I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. My prayers are with you both.
    The cards are awesome! You always do such beautiful work!!!
    Thank you for sharing the new lay out from James too.
    Cindy

• JLB Thu - Apr 13th 2006 8:16 am

Joanna, I love ALL the twos! They are wonderful…. I looked over each one a few times, just soaking them in and hearing what each one has to say.
    I cannot possibly pick a favorite among them. Your hard work shines through in each one.
    That “Creative Monday” time must be coming in handy. 🙂
    Beautiful work Joanna,
    Jade

• Bonnie Cehovet Thu - Apr 13th 2006 9:31 am

Joanna:
    Your Minor’s are definitely carrying the spirit and intent of your Major’s throughout the deck.The feeling of quality, of connection to Gaia, of deep seated caring comes through oh so strongly!
    My favorite of the Two’s – the Two of Air, which captures my soul, and the Two of Water, which captures my heart. 🙂
    May this journey bring you as much wisdom and peace as this deck brings to others.
    Blessings,
    Bonnie

• Karen Thu - Apr 13th 2006 2:01 pm

Joanna,
    These are lovely, just lovely. There’s something special about these Two’s. There is vibrancy and life within the pictures, and the story surrounding the image you have captured feels immediately accessible. I can already see myself doing some wonderful readings with this magical deck.

• Rose Thu - Apr 13th 2006 5:08 pm

Fantastic! I followed you through the Major Arcana and couldn’t get too inspired (for what ever reason). But as you get into the Minors, I find myself more drawn to the deck. Bonnie captures exactly what I like about the twos: “There’s something special about these Two’s. There is vibrancy and life within the pictures, and the story surrounding the image you have captured feels immediately accessible. I can already see myself doing some wonderful readings with this magical deck.”
    I will be taking a new look at the Majors soon. Good Job!
    Rose

• James Thu - Apr 13th 2006 5:43 pm

The Twos are stunning in their simplicity. Such a peace-filled 2 of Air, just what I think of with most 2 of Swords cards, only better. And the 2 of Earth is a delightful rethinking of the Motherpeace 2 of Discs with a twist of male beauty. Thank you, Joanna!

• Teresa Woods Thu - Apr 13th 2006 5:57 pm

I loveeee your 2 of Wands, such passion withheld, oh the yummyness of it all!
    You and your father are in my prayers.
    Blessed Be

• Karen Karlovich Thu - Apr 13th 2006 10:00 pm

Joanna,
    As always, I’m taken away to another place. These two’s are so beautiful, I can’t decide which I like best!
    Karen

• Tamara Sat - Apr 15th 2006 12:50 am

Joanna,
    Your work is amazing! I connect with all of your cards instantly. My fav is the two of fire, but I love them all. I cannot wait to own the complete deck.
    Blessed Be!

• Andy Sat - Apr 15th 2006 2:06 am

Joanna, I particularly loved the Two of Fire – Latin, hot, sexy, lively. I also thought your approach to Air, the idea of intuition, listening to what it brings you, was great! x

• Jan Boggia Sat - Apr 15th 2006 10:23 pm

Your concepts and the way you conceive the images are a true inspiration to me. These twos are amazing. I feel the passion in the Wand 2, feel the dog’s incredible love, immediately grasp the “balancing act” of the Earth 2, and identify with air. Thank you, Joanna. (You are making the right decision re your dad. I remember my dad’s last year with such love.)
    Blessings, Jan Boggia

• Joanna Wed - Apr 19th 2006 7:52 am

Thank all of you so much. It’s such a pleasure to read this kind of feedback. Between the emails I received and these comments, I’m especially pleased that every one of the four Two’s is somebody’s favorite! 🙂 I’m glad that James caught the reference to the Motherpeace 2 of Discs, one of my favorite cards. I wondered if anyone would catch that.
    The Two of Fire, BTW, is based on a photo by Kyer of Kyer Photograpy, used with his generous permission. Check out his gorgeous work at: http://www.kyerphotography.com
    Thank you too for the continued warm wishes for my dad. He is weak and frail but hanging in there. Blessings to you all.