7 comments

in Healing

My friend Maia from julia warr on Vimeo.

Shot in Fire Island, New York, this film (4min. 23 sec) captures the secrets of eternal youth as Maia Helles, a Russian ballet dancer turns 95 but still remains resolutely independent, healthy and as fit as a forty year old. Made by Julia Warr, artist and film maker met Maia on a plane 4 years ago and became utterly convinced by the benefits of her daily exercise routine, which Maia perfected, together with her Mother, over 60 years ago, long before exercise classes were ever invented. (2011).  Film by Julia Warr, Music by Lola Perrin

Thanks to Elaine Nichols for pointing this out to me!

• Robin

Beautiful lady, beautiful life. Thank you for sharing this, Joanna. It really touched my heart.

January 22, 2012, 1:53 pm Reply
  • Tina

how truly beautiful…I aspire to be just like Maia. This has made my heart so happy. Thankyou for sharing x

January 22, 2012, 7:43 pm Reply
  • Gwen McClellan

Remarkably done video, and Maia is a person with such depth. We don’t tend to show ourselves images of us that contradict the media constructs of what is ‘presentable’. Yet, there is such wisdom, peace and reality in this video of Maia in her life, her self care, her ease…like drinking a nourishing infusion of herbs that reminds us once again of things we actually deeply know.

January 23, 2012, 6:05 am Reply
  • Joanna

So glad you all liked it. Isn’t she inspiring?

January 23, 2012, 8:16 am Reply
  • Linda

What an amazing woman! Thank you for sharing this with us.

January 23, 2012, 9:52 am Reply
  • judy

Maia is beautiful, her home is beautiful, her friend, Julia’s, work is beautiful and all of us coming together, here, to be inspired by her is pretty darn beautiful too! Thanks Joanna.

January 28, 2012, 9:20 am Reply
  • Sandra

I love the video. Thank you so much for sharing it here. That’s how I want to be 60 years from now :) Enjoy your day.

March 23, 2012, 1:18 am Reply