Earth-Centered Practices for Everyday Mystics, Healers, & Creatives

Gaian Tarot Card of the Week: 7 of Earth

in Card of the Week, Tarot

Seven of Earth

This is one of those times when you check your card to make sure it isn’t bent or marked in some way (it’s not). I pulled this card last week, on the New Moon!  There appears to be a heavy-duty lesson for me here.

I’m not sure I have anything new to say about this card, this week. I think I’ll let its mystery unfold.

Anyone want to read this card for me?

• Angelica Mon - Jan 10th 2011 9:53 pm

I can almost smell the rich loamy smell of the forest — you’re planting something in ground that is so ready — it’s been waiting for YOU to do the planting …and there’s such a sweet satisfied Knowing on your face as you plant the thing that only you can plant. Great Blessings abound

• Teresa Michelsen Mon - Jan 10th 2011 10:56 pm

Well, like you said last week – whatever this process is, it unfolds in its own sweet time, more in slow rhythm with the earth than with our particular timetables. So maybe one week wasn’t long enough 🙂

• Anna Tue - Jan 11th 2011 6:36 am

I first read the entire post with google reader which meant that I only saw the lower fraction of the card: The hands holding the tiny plant and the chunk of soil with the tiny plantrootlings spreading inside it. My take on this is that you maybe still need to focus on working and creating with your hands. It also indicates that now is a time when you manifest your dreams and making them as real and solid as the soil the hands are holding.

• James Wells Tue - Jan 11th 2011 8:07 am

It looks/feels to me as if you soul is glad that you’re planting things of lasting value and reciprocal nourishment.

• Della Tue - Jan 11th 2011 8:11 am

Ah, but this IS the unfolding, the expression of those new moon intentions. You’ve spent the past week planting, preparing, promoting your first (in this cycle) class on manifesting your dreams step by step and tonight is the kickoff call for that lovely adventure with your potential (and actual) students.
    BTW, don’t think I’d call it a heavy-duty lesson~ more like an emphatic endorsement 🙂

• judy Tue - Jan 11th 2011 8:45 pm

What I saw.. was that you’re not planting a mere ‘seed’..
    no maam, you’re planting a TREE.. small as it may be, it’s still a tree.
    What you’re planting is very substantial and it’s well on it’s way!

• Joanna Tue - Jan 11th 2011 10:10 pm

Hey, I should ask you guys to read for me more often! 😉

I pulled this card tonight again during the Dreams & Visions teleseminar.

I love all your interps. Deep thanks.

• Yvette Wed - Jan 12th 2011 7:44 am

It is funny but when I looked at this card I saw not a planting but a digging up. Sort of a transplanting instead. The forest is thriving, it is fertile, overgrown with life. Environmental support oozes from the card. Things are in harmony. It is beautiful. It is a self-renewing environment. Perhaps what is being planted came from a less forgiving enviroment and it is being placed where it can thrive. Or, and this is what speaks to me and my life, perhaps there is a need for a transplantation from that environment to a less forgiving one. Where there is less support, less renewal. Perhaps it is being transplanted to move the joyous energy of the forest to a place where there is less harmony, less beauty. It would easy for the plant to thrive in the forest, support systems are in place. It would be harder to move to somewhere where the support is less but the beauty you would bring to that less forgiving place would make a difference that would change the place forever. For me, it would be easier to be comfortable, to stay in a welcoming place, but the time has come for me to “transplant” to a place that I can shine my light and grow, even if that means leaving behind my support. I need to trust.

• Joanna Thu - Jan 13th 2011 7:24 am

Yvette, your interpretation is a perfect example of going by your own intuition and seeing what the card means specifically for you, at this time. It’s not the “book meaning” of the card, but clearly it’s the right meaning for you, right now. Well done! Love your description.

Share yours…